RE: question about VDB

From: Loris Medici ^lt;mail@loris.medici.name>
Date: 04/10/06-03:36:26 AM Z

I got that precipitate all the times (using B&W FAC). My observations
are same as yours; it starts to precipitate at the end and suddenly... I
leave the precipitate intact during the ripening period (1 - 2 days),
shaking the bottle occasionally (3-4 times a day) and then filter the
sludge before first usage (I do this one time; it never makes new
precipitate). The batches I've made that way were consistent. I had
similar sludge / precipitate when mixing Argyrotype so I'm inclined to
think that it's something related to my FAC. Since it doesn't show any
bad effect, I don't see that as a big problem. Just a quirk that I have
to deal one time for each batch.

Regards,
Loris.