RE: Gum hardening: top down experiment

From: Dave Soemarko ^lt;fotodave@dsoemarko.us>
Date: 04/11/06-01:02:21 PM Z

I know. I wasn't saying that you did anything wrong either. I was just
describing things in general. In fact, the "you" in my email can mean
generic you.

And there might be some difference between "should not," "must not," "ought
not to," etc. that I don't clearly don't as a 2nd language speaker. One time
I said something about one must do that, must not do that, etc., and an
American elderly person told me that it was too strong and that I should
have used ought not to. That was the first time I detected the difference as
I had probably used them interchangeably.

So I don't know if the "should not" sounded a little strong. If so, I
apologize. I learned English the old way that we sometimes used "shall not",
but even that has changed meaning over time. :-)

But all this talk makes me eager to make prints again. Maybe this summer....

Dave