Re: Thanks for Marek's inspiring gum print

From: Ender100@aol.com
Date: 04/13/06-11:28:58 PM Z

Terry,

I congratulate you on all your accomplishments, however, what I think about
your contributions is really of little or no consequence.

I don't have a compulsion to respond to every post on the list. Feel free
to discuss Tyrannosaurus Rex to your heart's content.

I am not sure that we share the same definitions of minutiae or other aspects
of life, but that is OK. It's a big list with room for lots of people from
all the planets.

There is a wealth of knowledge represented on this list and yes, some people
come and go depending on whether they feel they "get something" or not from
being a member of the list. Many of the people with experience and knowledge
don't respond unless they feel they have something to offer to a specific
discussion—and then they are very helpful, very giving, and do so without talking
down to people—they really don't have anything to prove. The proof is in
their art work. I am sure that everyone on the list was relieved to see that you
came back to the list because you heard it was floundering without you.
(ooops my delete key is stuck so I can't delete that last sentence)

I don't need to defend Sandy, he is a big boy and can take care of himself—
and he has the expertise and knowledge to back up his statements—and if for some
reason proven wrong, he is open to new ideas or at least being seduced to a
different line of thought with a six pack of beer—well maybe a good bottle of
wine.

I do think it is important to keep the emotional content of posts and the
judgmental nature of posts to a minimum—I think that is what keeps many people
from responding with information or asking questions.

I feel no need to engage in a series of exchanges with you on these topics—
when I switched professions a few years back, I left that world behind me.

I said what I had to say. I have some DOING to DO.

I hope you are feeling better.

Mark Nelson
Precision Digital Negatives

"What would you do with a brain if you had one?"
—Dorothy to the Scarecrow, Wizard of Oz