Re: Gum hardening: top down experiment

From: Yves Gauvreau ^lt;gauvreau-yves@sympatico.ca>
Date: 04/14/06-07:12:49 AM Z

Martin,

you said it yourself this is an anomaly and further it is a chemical
inhibition preventing hardening in presence of oxygen but this doesn't
prevent the photons to hit first and in larger numbers the atoms closer to
the surface then those closer to the bottom. Nothing will change that, this
is based on physical laws that had plenty of time to be challenged.

Can this happen in our case here, probably not, at least there seems to be
plenty of evidence it doesn't but again are we checking for the right
things. I have absolutely no doubts in my mind that in the strict physical
sence photons go through from top to the bottom and any of them (and there
are) bouncing from the paper will out harden the hardening from the top is
statistically extremely improbable if not inexistant. Now thanks to you I'll
have to add, except in cases where somes non physical factor(s) interfere
with the photo-mechanical actions of the photons, I stand corrected.

Regards
Yves

PS You got me...