Re: Could someone summarize that gum up or down discussion?

From: Katharine Thayer ^lt;kthayer@pacifier.com>
Date: 04/14/06-03:03:01 PM Z

Goodness, things get more, and more, and more muddled.

I was referring below to things that have been attributed here to
Mike Ware by others, when I said that I believe his influence has
been partly responsible for the opinion expressed by some here that
gum hardening is at the paper surface. I was not referring to my own
correspondence with him, from which the below appears to be taken
verbatim, and which I have always referred to as speculations, just
as he refers to them. So while I think this was intended to be a
rebuttal to what I said, it in fact corroborates exactly everything
I've said on the subject.
Katharine