Re: Cyanotype toning and lead acetate - Images

From: Richard Knoppow ^lt;dickburk@ix.netcom.com>
Date: 04/21/06-04:29:07 PM Z

----- Original Message -----
From: "D. Mark Andrews" <mark@dragonbones.com>
To: <alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca>
Sent: Friday, April 21, 2006 6:25 AM
Subject: Cyanotype toning and lead acetate - Images

> Perhaps folks could post images along with the recipes so
> we have a visual.
> With the exception of Kai's tests, I haven't seen any
> other toned
> cyanotypes.
>
> Mark

   If so they should not be posted to the list. In fact, I
think the Alt list blocks attachments. As a general rule
binary attchments and HTML should not be posted to mailing
lists unless the list is specificallyl intended for them.
There are many reasons for this but the main one is that
many e-mail users are still on slow or expensive
connections. It is a matter of courtesy to accomodate them
by not posting very large messages.
   Examples can be posted to one's web site, or to one of
several image oriented web sites, with a link in the
message, for those who wish to look.
   I will add that there is so much variation in monitor
set-ups, scanners, etc, that internet images are not always
very reliable ways of judging images.

---
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA