Re: Off-Topic, New Orleans Images

From: Ender100@aol.com
Date: 04/24/06-04:04:04 PM Z

Gerry,

I don't know that Dan mentioned anything about offering the images for sale,
but I think he has a right to show his work, just as you have a right not to
look at it, and even not like it.

Not long ago I saw an incredible exhibit of war photographs by James Nachtway—
oddly enough, in spite of the subject matter, there was an eery beauty to
many of the photographs and in some cases such irony that the images were very
powerful—I am glad I saw them and I am glad Mr. Nachtway was there to photograph
the scenes. I think it would have been a loss to humanity had he not done
so. Do I think he was taking advantage of the pain and suffering of others?
No, I think he was trying to raise our level of consciousness regarding the
horrible outcome of war—any war.

Also, remember that some photographers might use any income from such images
to help the victims.

Best Wishes,
Mark Nelson
Precision Digital Negatives--The Book