RE: Potassium Oxalate developer for Platinum printing

From: Eric Neilsen ^lt;e.neilsen@worldnet.att.net>
Date: 04/25/06-10:20:34 AM Z

Cor, I am replying from a different computer so I don't have your questions,
but...

I aim for a pH around 6, as that gives me a little time before I get to 7+.
I work with gallons at a time so a few ml here or there don't end up on a
tally sheet. I mix a fresh batch as needed.

Filtering is certainly what I was implying that you do. Paper fibers, pt/pd
will build up. I only do, the expose to UV, after very heavy printing with
down time to follow to allow for stuff to settle out and for printing
session with Bein Fang as the whole piece gets coated so there is lots of
coating to be removed from the paper. And as Sandy suggest, only use
distilled water if for no other reason than piece of mind that it is not the
start of problems.

Eric Neilsen Photography
4101 Commerce Street, Suite 9
Dallas, TX 75226