Re: Gum preparation

From: Judy Seigel ^lt;jseigel@panix.com>
Date: 04/28/06-04:43:16 PM Z

On Fri, 28 Apr 2006, Yves Gauvreau wrote:

> I notice the paper I used up to now was changing in size quite a bit. I
> simply couldn't do more then a single exposure of a 4x5 step tablet on it,
> this mean a larger negative would be a lot worst.

Yves, any paper in any dimension no matter how well soaked or boiled or
treated with incantations, will almost certainly change size if it's not
at the same level of dryness (or humidity) when you coat. If the humidity
is constant where you live, timing the interval between coats may suffice.
Or set up some standard procedure, which should also help....

Some years ago I tested 4 different papers with & without presoak and
measured at various stages-- after coating, after drying, after
developing, etc. The paper could expand or contract throughout the
process. We only get a "set" dimension by luck, or paying attention -- or
holding the paper rigid, which is another production.

J.