Re: Carbon

From: Sandy King ^lt;sanking@clemson.edu>
Date: 04/30/06-11:53:31 AM Z

I remember the exchange from 1996 or 1997 about "letting the boy do
it." I don't, however, remember telling you at APIS in 2005 anything
about someone looking for the reference in BJ. Not saying that it did
not happen, only that I have no recollection of it at all.

Carbon is obviously a lot easier to work if you buy the tissue ready
made, and I always encourage beginners to buy the B&S stuff. The
color of the Autotype pigment made for photogravure is very ugly to
my eye.

I am curious as to why you would be having transfer. I have never had
any trouble sticking the image on fixed out fiber photographic
papers, and I have used dozens of different ones. Just plop the
tissue and paper in cool water for about thirty seconds, mate, drain
and squeegee together. Works every time for me.

Sandy