Re: palladium bleeding still

From: Ender100_at_aol.com
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2006 10:30:23 -0400 (EDT)

I'm not sure how much dignity is involved in my visit... hehehehee

But I will attest to the problem that Chris is experiencing.... and it in
some cases it looks like an image made with black ink that has been soaked in
water and then is running.... one of Chris's trials was particularly problematic.

On the other hand, the rainstorm in the mountains here at Bozeman, Montana at
sunset was magnificent....what beautiful colors!!!!

Mark Nelson

In a message dated 8/11/06 11:25:45 PM, zphoto@montana.net writes:

> Good evening dear all,
>
> One benefit of living in the same state as Photographer's Formulary is
> occasionally a visiting dignitary will pass through town and grace me with
> his/her presence, which was the case today.  Mark Nelson is here on his way
> to do a workshop up there, and I roped him into coming over to my house to
> observe said platinum/palladium bleeding problem.
>
> Sure enough, I printed 6 tonal palettes and had him watch my every move,
> from coating to drying to exposing to developing.  It was a very tense
> moment of performance anxiety when the first tonal palette did not bleed and
> I thought he would think I was making it all up for a little list activity,
> but lo and behold, the next 5 did and really impressed Mark (as in "Holy
> S--t!).  He had not seen that before.

Mark Nelson
Precision Digital Negatives