Re: trip problems

From: Peter Marshall <petermarshall_at_cix.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 23:08:32 +0100

Well, if we used Euros I'd consider we really were in Europe, rather
than still sitting on the edge.

But rail is much more convenient for quite a few trips. I left Paris at
15.19 (the check-in time is theoretically 30 minutes earlier, but you
can cut it finer) and was off the train and in London by 17.55 (add an
hour for the difference in time zones.) That particular trip cost me
£29, though the fare in the other direction was more. Much more relaxing
than air travel of course.

The current size restrictions on hand luggage allow a bag just a little
smaller than my camera bag, and seem likely to be made permanent.

Peter Marshall
petermarshall@cix.co.uk
My London Diary http://mylondondiary.co.uk/
London's Industrial Heritage: http://petermarshallphotos.co.uk/