RE: Print Framing - A New Year's Resolution

From: joachim oppenheimer ^lt;joachim2@optonline.net>
Date: 01/14/06-12:11:07 PM Z

Admittedly, there is no perfect way to present art, there are pros and cons
in regard to plastic. In one museum show where my work was shown the curator
exhibited framed work without either glass or plastic, although I shipped
with plastic. There are several distinct disadvantages with plastic: cost,
attraction of static electricity, flammability are the main drawbacks Some
plastic (OP-3( can be bought with scratch resistance for those concerned
with the fact that plastic is softer than glass (at room temperature). In
its favor are better UV protection, lighter weight, much lower risk of
breakage. An antistatic cloth is helpful for cleaning, a damp cloth takes
care of the smudges that may occur. No, one cannot use Windex or other
ammonia/detergents, although I have used mild un-perfumed soap on occasion.
Dealer's choice. Joachim