RE: Glyoxal?

From: Ryuji Suzuki ^lt;rs@silvergrain.org>
Date: 01/15/06-04:26:27 PM Z

Perhaps the most common measure of degree of hardening is swelling
factor. Unhardened gelatin swells many times the dry thickness when
soaked in water at 20C. For pictorial silver gelatin films, major
manufacturers (Fuji, Kodak and Konica) adjust the degree of hardening
to be 2.5x to 5x range. (But modern emulsions use blends of gelatin
and other polymers such as polyacrylamides.)