Re: Glyoxal?

From: Ryuji Suzuki ^lt;rs@silvergrain.org>
Date: 01/16/06-12:59:54 PM Z

From: "Christina Z. Anderson" <zphoto@montana.net>
Subject: Re: Glyoxal?
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 08:15:54 -0700

> The information I am lacking on glut, really, is its use on other papers
> aside from Fabriano, so at this point I am a one trick pony as far as sizing
> for gum is concerned.

Glut and my gelatin works very well on Magnani Pescia, Fabriano
Artistico Extra White, and several other noname papers, and glass,
among what I tried. I also tried it on some stationary paper stocks,
which eventually disintegrated due to insufficient internal sizing
but sizing was not the issue.

But after trying all these I'm done. FAEW is my first pick by far. No
desire to cut pennies by messing around with other papers. I mostly
tested papers you suggested so none of these should sound new to
you. Sorry!