Re: Christina's new book

From: Christina Z. Anderson ^lt;zphoto@montana.net>
Date: 01/18/06-09:56:54 AM Z

Hi Jack,
Thanks for the kind words. I want to keep it through Malin--I really believe
in her website and that she is doing a great favor for the alt world. Plus
her system is error free.

I read an interesting quote from a Pedro Meyer book--he said the web is to
art what the Medici family was to art centuries ago and I think that is
really true. I think Jon Bailey echoed that sentiment a while back when he
talked about our need to be more creative with marketing our work because
the gallery situation sucked for artists.

Anyway, this is why the small profit that Malin makes is worth it to me.
She is a pleasure to work with, too, even on top of just having a new baby
boy!

Book writing is never much of a profit, unless, I suppose, you are selling
thousands through a big name publisher. The alt book is costing me more than
the Experimental Workbook even though it is 121pp instead of 200+ because I
am doubling the amount of color pages in there (8), yet it is the same
price. Postage just went up and believe me, every penny counts. And I had
my first batch printed up, and when I saw the color pages, I realized they
just don't look professional enough, so I am sending the pages to a graphic
designer to reformat. Hence, I eat the cost of that first run (but students
got the book in time for the class) AND pay a graphic designer on top.

But what better way to organize your brain by writing a book. I recommend
it for anyone! It also looks great on a resume when applying for a tenured
position :) heheheheh
Chris