Re: Dissolving Ferric Oxalate Kallitype

From: Michael Koch-Schulte ^lt;mkochsch@shaw.ca>
Date: 01/21/06-10:18:00 AM Z

I'm in day two of trying to get ferric oxalate to go into solution. I've made a batch of 50 mls. I've tried microwaving for 20-30 seconds (warm as a cup of coffee, 50 C maybe) and then shaking the bottle for five minutes. I get a milky solution. After about 10 minutes it separates out and I get a nearly clear liquid on top and a chalky sediment on the bottom. I've repeated this at least 15 times in two days. The sediment just isn't budging yet. Is this normal?!

~m