Re: how to size and dry gum bichromate papers?

From: Katharine Thayer ^lt;kthayer@pacifier.com>
Date: 01/21/06-01:26:58 PM Z

On Jan 21, 2006, at 11:12 AM, pawel gega. wrote:

> My papers rolls up after drying even if the tape was used. I dont
> know how to keep it straight and foldless..could it be done?

After drying, I put papers and prints between blotters, under a
sheet of plate glass weighed down by the Oxford English Dictionary.
An overnight session like this leaves most papers flat. It worked
great with the traditional Arches, although Arches Bright white,
being a thinner crisper paper, does tend not to lie flat in the
drawer later but curl at the edges even after flattening. But the
Artistico should respond well to this treatment I would think.
Katharine