Re: Gelatin-polymer blend (was Re: Gesso sizing)

From: Katharine Thayer ^lt;kthayer@pacifier.com>
Date: 01/21/06-03:23:23 PM Z

On Jan 21, 2006, at 12:57 PM, Judy Seigel wrote:

> However, I doubt gesso ever contained titanium -- too expensive for
> the covering process, among other disabilities.

I was surprised about that too, since titanium dioxide is so much
more expensive than other white pigments; I would have expected them
to use some kind of chalk for the whitener. But I went and looked at
my can of acrylic gesso, and sure enough, PW6.

> (On the other hand, even dorks aren't "dorks" any more, so who knows.

Dorks are still dorks, it's nerds whose image has improved in the
last 10-15 years. And nerds aren't necessarily dorks. But I have a
different definitiion of "dork" I think, because you said they used
to be jerks, and to me dorks were never jerks, they're more like
awkward adolescent types, not very smoothly socially adjusted.
Katharine