Eastern Dorks

From: Judy Seigel ^lt;jseigel@panix.com>
Date: 01/23/06-09:45:40 PM Z

In Philadelphia a "sub" sandwich is, I'm told, a hoagie. In New York,
trust me, a dork was a jerk & in some quarters apparently still is. A
jelly donut, BTW, is, or used to be a "Berliner" in Switzerland, tho I'm
not sure about Berlin (maybe it was a zuricher?). The transumation of
"faggot" is entirely situational, and other words remain unmentionable...
except on T-shirts in NYC. (Though the current issue of Time Out New York,
which goes through the US mails, had a full page ad on its back cover that
read: "F*ck F*tons.")

As I recall, BTW, they used to sell "American style pizza" in Rome -- tho
whether dorks liked it is not on record...

J.