RE: B&W Paper dissapearing

From: Weber, Scott ^lt;sweber@mail.barry.edu>
Date: 01/24/06-01:27:49 PM Z

Saw this on the photographic historical society link.

Fujifilm's statement regarding its photography business:

Since our foundation in 1934, we have been developing our business in
photosensitive materials on a global scale, thanks to the support and
patronage of general consumers, retailers, photograph wholesalers, and
various others. The unexpectedly rapid shift toward digitalization has
greatly reduced demand for films and photographic products. The entire
photography industry, including our company, has been put in a difficult
market situation. In order to respond these difficult market changes, we are
currently proceeding with comprehensive structural reforms.

Despite the current challenges, we believe that photography is indispensable
to humankind because of its ability to express such precious things as joy,
sadness, love and the full spectrum of emotions. Our mission is to preserve
and nurture the culture of photography to meet the needs of our longtime
customers. Silver halide photography, which is fundamental to photography,
has advantages over digital in such areas as power of _expression, long term
storage capability, reasonable prices, easy handling and a highly
established and convenient photo development and print infrastructure.

We intend to continue our silver halide photography business and to further
cultivate the culture of photography, and in so doing, continue to support
our customers and retailers and all those who enjoy photography.

(( End ))

Scott B. Weber
Associate Professor of Photography
Department of Fine Arts