Re: tonal inversion and pigment loads

From: Christina Z. Anderson ^lt;zphoto@montana.net>
Date: 01/26/06-06:52:44 PM Z

> By the way, I am not of the opinion that gum has a limit in the quantity
> of pigment that it can hold, and that staining is the result of the
> pigment 'having to go somewhere'. Solutions have a saturation point but
> gels do not. Any tube of watercolour is the proof that gum can hold more
> pigment than we ever use in gum dichromate.
> Tom Sobota

I agree with you, Tom. There may be an **aesthetic** limit to the amount of
pigment one may need to express a particular depth of color in a particular
print, but to reach a point where too much pigment is too much for gum to
handle would be well beyond needing that much pigment in the first place.
Always exceptions to every gum generality, of course, I suppose. Chris