Re: tonal inversion and pigment loads

From: Katharine Thayer ^lt;kthayer@pacifier.com>
Date: 01/30/06-01:43:33 PM Z

All,
The more I think about this diatribe, the more bewildering it seems
to me. There were three or four of us showing observations,
making comments and asking questions about the observations,
answering the comments and questions, taking the responses into
account in further questions and comments. In other words I thought
a good and evolving discussion was occurring, perhaps not productive
in the sense of providing final answers (when has this list ever
produced such on any question?) but certainly fruitful in the sense
of raising and exploring some of the complexities of a complicated
question, I didn't think the dialogue had run its course; for
example the exchange between Jack and me this morning was not going
in circles repeating what we've said before, but responding
thoughtfully to each other's comments, trying to figure something
out; that's how it was for me anyway. There have been discussions on
this list that have deteriorated into endless repeats of the same
arguments, but I hardly think this has been one of them.

Katharine