Re: tonal inversion and pigment loads

From: Tom Sobota ^lt;tsobota@teleline.es>
Date: 01/30/06-05:43:25 PM Z

Don,

I agree with Katharine. It is not good form to tell other people on the
list in which way they may carry a discussion on a topic
or, even worse, to stop it.

There are perhaps six or seven people interested in varying degrees in
this inversion effect. The rest just bear with us and
probably ignore and delete our posts without ever reading them. I do the
same with posts of people interested in platinum,
for example, a beautiful technique that I'm simply not be interested in.

You speak of the 'average gum printer'. Is there such a thing on this
list? If so, how many? Have you counted them? And how do
you know that they are not even slightly interested in this discussion?
Have you conducted a poll?

If you have not measured this supposed lack of interest, you might also
be guilty of specious attributing, to use your words.

But to answer your questions: no, in my case I have not measured the
static charges involved. Not for lack of interest but because of
lack of a laboratory and the necessary skills. I suspect that the others
have the same limitation. So we interchange observations,
discuss results, hoping that someone will come up with a feasible test,
another explanation, another hypothesis. I can understand
that this process will be extremely boring for someone, but in that
case, as Katharine says, just skip the thread.

Tom Sobota
Madrid, Spain