Re: Watercolor pigments - pigments to avoid...

From: Christina Z. Anderson <zphoto_at_montana.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 08:59:08 -0600

> You heated the gelatine to a point where you destroyed its qualities as a
> size..
> Forget the formalin.
> Terry

Terry,
I respectfully disagree. I know this isn't good practice, but to prove a
point I boiled my gelatin and lived to tell the tale. Even gelatin boiled
for 20 minutes worked fine as a size on about 60 large gums. No speckle, no
stain, no nuttin'. For me, this was another myth down the drain that you
had to watch the temp of gelatin while heating it up. Or, at the very
least, I don't sit there with a thermometer anymore watching the pot not
boil. But, as they say, YRMV.
Chris