Re: Tissue coating issue.

From: Camden Hardy <camden_at_hardyphotography.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 11:21:00 -0600 (MDT)

Matt,

Jeffrey Mathias makes pt/pd prints on really thin Egyptian cotton, and has
a great how-to on his website. I'm mentioning this because in this how-to
he mentions that he coats on a sheet of glass to catch the chemistry that
soaks through the fabric so he can re-use it later. You may want to try
this and not worry about the sensitizer soaking through.

As far as drop count, on watercolor paper I've been using 1 drop per 2sq.
in. Mathias says that cotton takes 3x the normal amount, so I would
imagine something absorbant like tissue paper would also require more
(maybe 1.5-2x the normal amount?).

Camden Hardy

camden@hardyphotography.net
http://www.hardyphotography.net