RE: Pt/pd on papyrus

From: Gawain Weaver <gawain.weaver_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2006 14:07:50 -0400

Papyrus does not dissolve in vinegar, even though the functioning of Dan
Brown's fictional cryptex depends its solubility. The Egyptians used it for
cloth, sails, rope, and who knows what else, so it doesn't seem like water
should be a problem-- it is cellulose based after all. I guess you'd have to
try it to be sure though.

Gawain Weaver