Re: Polaroid Land film holder #500

From: Michael Briggs <MichaelBriggs_at_Earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 03:20:54 -0500 (CDT)

On 17-Jul-2006 Mark Kronquist wrote:
> on 7/13/06 2:39 PM, Ryuji Suzuki at rs@silvergrain.org wrote:
>
>> I know this is an older Polaroid holder, but is this piece completely
>> useless today? Ryuji
> no 500 film is still available in a couple emulsions it is the same as 66x
> film in a larger format more earth-friendly than the sheet film packets as
> well

The 500 Holder takes the same 4x5 sheet films as the 545 holder. Its so old
that Ansel Adams 1978 book "Polaroid Land Photography" describes it as out of
date and the 545 as the preferable holder. Used 545 holders sell for
reasonable prices, so if a 500 holder causes you to waste any sheets, it would
probably be cost effective to buy a 545.

There are many film choices available: 52, 53, 55, etc.

The 3.25x4.25 inch pack films, mostly with 66x numbers, fit the 405 holder.

--Michael