Re: palladium drydown and developer

From: Clay <wcharmon_at_wt.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 06:57:06 -0500

I think you are right about the refractive effect you are mentioning.
My 'fuzzing' theory was only meant to explain un-treated pt/pd
prints, and explain the phenomenon of Dmax decrease as it dries.
Since an untreated print has no 'layers' per se, I think the fuzzing
may be a part of the reason. That said, your point about a
reflective layer is probably quite true as well, and indeed, that may
be the reason that waxing, for instance, is so effective at making a
print 'snappier'.

All of these remedies are relatively easy to assess for yourself,
requiring only some modest supplies, a stack of throwaway prints, and
a rainy afternoon.