Re: Blend- A- Color Recipe Needed

From: Sandy King <sanking_at_clemson.edu>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 12:44:47 -0400

No, but Venetian Red comes very close to the type of color used in
the Autotype tissue. This color is available in pint containers in
the Cal-Tint II line of aqueous dispersion pigments. If you are
interested I wrote a chapter on making tissue for photogravure that
was published in David Morris and Marlene MacCallum's Copper Plate
Photogravure: Demystifying the Process, "Directions for the Home
Manufacture of Carbon Tissue for the Photogravure Process," pp.
163-69.

I use the Blend-A-Color pigments in black and umber but don't have
any information showing the full line of colors, or what size in
which they can be purchased.

Sandy King