Re: ST. LOUIS

From: Thom Mitchell <tjmitch_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2006 00:00:05 -0400

I would schedule a visit to the print/photo room at the St. Louis museum
of art. It's free (all the details are on the website www.slam.org) and
  I recently did this as part of my visit to see the impressionist
photography exhibit. I got to see up close - a Curtis Orotype, a Strand
  Gum over Platinum portrait of Rebecca, a beautiful Salt Print from the
1850's, a Nagy, and those were just what the museum had handy. How often
do you get to examine a Strand print at your leisure? It was really
amazing. Eric Lutz is the assistant curator in charge of photography and
he couldn't have been nicer. Also there is a landscape photography
exhibit curated by Eric on display until September and it's all free.
What could be better? Also Fortel's Pizza has a great slice of pizza
pie, and McGurks is a great Irish pub with live music and very tasty
food and Guinness on tap. Have fun. Ciao, Thom