RE: One coat gum - first one for me - how is it for you?

From: Don Bryant <dstevenbryant_at_mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Jun 2006 09:23:52 -0400

David,

That's a very nice print

The paper I used was Fabriano Artistico Extra White 300gsm, although I must
admit
it doesn't look so 'extra white' to me, at least comparing it with Arches.

FAEW is very white, perhaps you go the off white.

Sizing is 4% gelatine applied by brush, hardened with formaldehyde also
brushed
applied after the jello has set.

Why not add the Formaldehyde to the gelatin and just size in one step? It
works very well.

I didn't clear the print at all. I didn't see any yellowing. Maybe I should
try that.

Definitely clear the print.

What is your pigment/gum/dichromate ratio?

P.S. It seems quite lately. Perhaps I should mention politics (!?)

Maybe you should shut up about politics :)

Don Bryant