Re: Contact printing frames

From: Randall Ellis <reellis67_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Jun 2006 17:06:33 -0700 (PDT)

I too use the old Kodak and no-name contact frames
from ye olde ebay. Typicaly, I can easily print a 4x5
negative in a 4x6 frame and certainly in a 5x7 frame.
I like these old frames because of the cost (cheap!)
and the split backs. Don't worry overly if the hinge
material splits - I've got a few that have and it has
no effect that I can tell on the final print. With the
split back you can open one part and pull the paper
back (out of the sunlight) to check exposure.

- Randy