Re: question

From: TERRYAKING_at_aol.com
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 12:19:19 -0400 (EDT)

In a message dated 13/6/06 4:55:26 pm, jusdado@teleline.es writes:

> hello to all
> Although my question is not really relative to picture alternative, I think
> that also somehow can be related with the world of the picture.
> I am tried to make a purchase for internet in ADORAMA of an article with a
> price of $68,95 and as they indicate me, the cost of the shipment to Spain is
> of $419,50. can the shipment be so expensive to Spain? or something is not
> making well.
>
> Thank you to answer.
> Pardon for my English, text translated by computer.

It depends upon the level of insurance needed for the article. The seller is
no going to ship something internationally without insurance as, if the
article is damaged or lost en route, the seller will have lost both the article
and the money.

I had a similar experience recently when a buyer for my 165mm Super Angulon
lens, for a 10 x 8 camera, would not pay the shipping costs from London to
Shanghai.

Terry

Terry King FRPS

RPS Historical Group (Chairman)