Re: formulas for S2 and S30

From: Ryuji Suzuki <rs_at_silvergrain.org>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 18:00:59 -0400 (EDT)

From: "Christina Z. Anderson" <zphoto@montana.net>
Subject: formulas for S2 and S30
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2006 11:33:19 -0600

> Does anyone have the formulas for making your own Kodak S2 Activator
> (dilute potassium hydroxide) and S30 Stabilizer (acetate buffered
> thiocyanate)? Some of these chemicals are getting harder to either
> find or ship and I do want to continue teaching chromoskedasic
> sabattier even if Kodak quits making the chemistry.

If anyone who didn't sign a contract with Kodak knew the formulae they
would be public knowledge by now. But as far as I understand your
goal, you are trying to continue chromoskedasic processes. I think
it's more productive and useful to formulate a chromoskedasic
developers rather than trying to duplicate the Kodak Ektamatic
products.

I don't mind giving it a shot if you can tell me what your procedures
are. I know William Jolly's website, but I somehow think you have your
procedure...