old UV tubes less contrast?

From: david drake ^lt;daviddrakephoto@sympatico.ca>
Date: 03/01/06-01:08:24 PM Z

hello

I seem to remember in a past thread that as UV tubes get older they
not only loose speed but also contrast? I'm using a UV printing box
of which I have no idea how old the tubes are. It is also made up of
a motley group of at least three different brands (which is , I
believe, also a no no).
The VDB prints are taking somewhat longer than they should (8-10
minutes @ 3 inches) and, more importantly, the contrast is not quite
what it should be.
I'm debating whether I should buy all new tubes and then I've dealt
with at least that variable as it relates to contrast.

thanks
david

david drake photography
daviddrakephoto@sympatico.ca