Re: Carbon Tissue & Direct Carbon

From: Jack Fulton ^lt;jefulton1@comcast.net>
Date: 03/07/06-09:41:32 AM Z

The last person I knew of doing this was Charles Berger who is the
owner of UltraStable. he called those carbon prints "pigment transfer
prints" and, lemme tellya, they were terrific. There was not the
market for this process and he let it go fallow and pretty much
abandoned the business a few years back, devoting his inventive
energy to ink-jet printing and paper design. Charles was crazy about
the 'look' of Cibachrome (Ilfochrome) and came up with a plastic
paper that was super-duper.
        Now, he is involved with an extremely thin lamination for ink-jet
prints to protect them and add dozens of years to their life. It is
virtually invisible.
You can check out his present products at: http://www.ultrastable.com/
Jack Fulton