Re: An exchange with Mike Ware (on Argyrotype)

From: Katharine Thayer ^lt;kthayer@pacifier.com>
Date: 03/23/06-07:10:29 PM Z

On Mar 22, 2006, at 7:28 AM, Christina Z. Anderson wrote:

> Loris,
> Thanks for going to the horse's mouth, as we say here. Mike is a
> very gracious man,

I agree that he is a very generous man; I have a thick file of
correspondence that attests to his generosity with his time and
ideas. He even offered to give me a theory that he said he would
never have time to test himself; this is true generosity.

But he does seem to have a sore spot where the alt-photo list is
concerned, as I too discovered when I approached him with a question
about something that was attributed to him here.

Thanks for persevering with this, Loris-- a very interesting
conversation.
Katharine