RE: colors for colorizing digital negatives

From: Don Bryant ^lt;dstevenbryant@mindspring.com>
Date: 03/24/06-02:05:37 PM Z

Yves,

There is still a problem with what I just said. If it's possible to
constraint the monitor to show only what is possible on the final print,
there would still be many translations involved to get what's on the screen
to paper. Finding the color that results in Dmin on the print is just a tiny
step on this road.

I wonder if something as been done along this line of thought?

In a nutshell I know of one gum printer who is making digital inkjet
negatives and soft proofing in PS. WYSIWYG, in other words.

Please let me correct myself a bit, for gum the output is to imagesetter not
inkjet.

Don Bryant