Re: New Gloy = Bakerex

From: Joe Smigiel ^lt;jsmigiel@kvcc.edu>
Date: 03/28/06-07:13:22 AM Z

Terry,

Do you use the acronym PVA to refer to polyvinyl alcohol or polyvinyl
acetate in the recipe below?

Joe

>>> TERRYAKING@aol.com 03/28/06 6:14 AM >>>

In a message dated 28/3/06 8:31:07 am, alt_list@albertonovo.it writes:

> TERRYAKING@aol.com wrote:
>
> > Henkel kept the formula very secret. But recently ~H & S legislation
has
> > meant that the tech sheets have become available. It is simple and
easy to
> make.
>
> ... and may you be so kind to tell us how?
>
> Alberto

The one I made, (from which I have made a triple exposure gum print
using
acrylics), leaving out the colour and preservative, consisted of about
3 parts
PVA , 2 parts glycerine and 95 parts water. Pop in the microwave,. bring
to the
boil, and Bob's your uncle ! You may like to try your own variations.
If
you want a preservative, add a couple of drops of Dettol when the
Bakerex cools.
We call it Bakerex as Gloy does sound so cloying !

Keep it in a bottle as the water content evaporates but you can always
add
more water to bring it back to the consistency you prefer..

Terry