Soft proof

From: Yves Gauvreau ^lt;gauvreau-yves@sympatico.ca>
Date: 03/30/06-09:06:41 AM Z

Hi,

I kind of like this idea of soft proof that was mentioned in the CS2 thread.
Do I understand this concept correctly by assuming that it is basically a
change of color space such that the preview would look much like the print
done on such and such printer (+inks) and such and such paper.

If this is the case then how would we do something similar to get such a
preview for an alt-process print? Or where should I look for more info on
this type of stuff?

I have PS7 but I don't use it much, I prefer another software program
(Picture Window Pro) that can change the color space at will but of course,
I would need to build one either from scratch or with the help of some
software (I'm on Window XP).

Thanks
Yves