Re: gloy for tricolor on yupo?

From: Yves Gauvreau ^lt;gauvreau-yves@sympatico.ca>
Date: 03/31/06-07:52:23 AM Z

Hi,

when I see below that one should use a step tablet to find proper exposure,
I would suggest a couple of reason to be doubting these measures. First,
unless the material you use as your negative is exactly the same as for your
step tablet which is rarely the case, you wouldn't be sure they behave
exactly the same way mostly because of there (probably) different response
to UV, if you make digital negatives, then I would suggest making a step
tablet the same way you intend to make your negative since this way you can
establish a direct relationship with what you see on screen (pixel values),
your negative and your print if you are using a scanner of course. Creating
an adjustment curve using this pixel values instead of densities is
pratically child play. A traditional step tablet would give you more work to
establish this same relationship.

Regards
Yves