Re: gloy for tricolor on yupo?

From: Katharine Thayer ^lt;kthayer@pacifier.com>
Date: 03/31/06-12:16:20 PM Z

On Mar 31, 2006, at 5:10 AM, Loris Medici wrote:

> What about glass? My few experiments w/temperaprint made me think that
> it should also work on glass (or any other impervious surfaces such as
> ceramic tiles, metal ect...) I also tried it on back of RC paper
> and it
> works there too...

I guess I don't see the relevance of this information to my
question. It's already been established that temperaprint emulsion
behaves differently from gum. Whether temperaprint behaves the same
as a gloy-like substance, or as dichromated PVA alone, or behaves
differently from them, or whether these substances behave the same
or different from gum, or even whether the two of them (gloy and
plain PVA) behave the same or differently from each other, is
something that would have to be demonstrated, not just supposed.

I repeat my question: do you know of anyone who has successfully
printed tricolor gloy on untreated glass or on yupo. (I do know of
one person who prints tricolor gum on glass, but in his case the
glass is treated with a silane sub). If not, I just don't have any
more patience with all this guessing and supposing about how gloy
"should" work better than gum to print on these surfaces, simply
because it's more "gluey" in quality. Looking out across the flat
ocean, I could assume that the earth is flat, because it "seems"
flat; I don't see any curvature in the horizon as far as I can see
from north to south. But however much it *seems* to me that the earth
should be flat, that doesn't mean that it is.
Katharine