RE: Traveling Portfolio

From: Don Bryant <dstevenbryant_at_mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 01 May 2006 16:01:59 -0400

David,

The Alternative Process Traveling Portfolio was started years ago by Dave
Soemarko (or was it Wade Allen) and was open to U.S. participants. It
continued that way for several years until last year. In 2005 U.K. alt.
printers participated in the exchange as an experiment to see how the
dynamics of an International exchange worked.

As a result, we discovered that the cost of an international traveling
portfolio is quite expensive and the costs were inequitably shared by the
participants with just a few people bearing the brunt of the expense. It is
also a very slow process. The alt. portfolio is now finally being returned
to the original participants here in the US after traveling over a year and
a half.

Robert Cockrell is now managing the exchange and has determined for logistic
reasons he would rather manage a U.S. portfolio only.

If someone wants to take up the banner to manage and bird dog an
international print portfolio please do so.

We have certainly enjoyed seeing the work of our British alt. cousins and I
would not mind seeing more of their work. Going forward, an international
exchange will probably not be hosted by anyone in the U.S.

Don Bryant