Re: Brush development of palladium prints. RE: Potassium Oxalate developer for Platinum printing

From: TERRYAKING_at_aol.com
Date: Thu, 04 May 2006 11:43:10 -0400 (EDT)

In a message dated 4/5/06 2:28:40 pm, gauvreau-yves@sympatico.ca writes:

> Terry,
>

> you say below "I prefer to get my negatives right frst and not use tone
> controls. To my eye this produces a better print.", I think I understand why you
> say this and here I assume you are talking digital, to make it as short as
> possible I would sayf you are not using the proper methods or techniques to
> work out things in the numerical world things can and will degrade fairly ra
> ipidely. I'm not saying you have poor working methods, I'm just trying to find
> possible explanations to why you say such a thing. There are other possible
> explanations of course.
>

> Regards
>
> Yves

Yves

No, as I use film negatives. FP4 rated at 32 ISO, your assumption does not
apply.

Evenso, when you say "If you are not using the proper methods or techniques
to work out things in the numerical world things can and will degrade fairly
rapidely", which 'things' will degrade and in what way ?

Terry

Terry King FRPS

RPS Historical Group (Chairman)

www.hands-on-pictures.com/