Re: iPF5000 16 Bit Printing At Last?

From: Richard Corbett <richard_at_rwc.my-bulldog.com>
Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 17:59:39 +0100

If one were to follow your logic then all progressive technical development
of print technology would stop.

As I use a 16 bit digital camera I would certainly like to be able to print
on a 16 bit printer and I would expect to be able to see the difference
between an 8bit image printed on an 8 bit printer and a 16 bit print from a
16 bit image.

The same argument is often advanced for restricting the pixel count on a CCD
or CMOS chip and I find myself equally unable to accept the presumed
restriction on development in that area.

In any case, and whatever the arguments, the pro's will buy and use and will
not go back to an 8 bit print technology whatever the arguments put forward
suggesting things should be otherwise.

Richard