RE: Digital Sucks - on topic (politics)

From: BOB KISS <bobkiss_at_caribsurf.com>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 09:51:25 -0300

AMEN, BRUDDAH,
        Get this! I have an e-mail from the Service Manager at Hasselblad Sweden
saying that they no longer carry parts for my 40 mm Distagon. When I
replied that Viktor would be turning over in his grave because he promised
that Hasselblads would last a life time and that Hasselblad would service
anything they made he then told me that Hasselblad would only maintain parts
and provide service for their new digital line of cameras FOR 5 YEARS!?!?!?
I asked him why I should pay more for a Hasselblad digital camera than any
other when I can keep my old 'Blads and keep updating another manufacturer's
(e. g. H20) digital back??? His only reply was that the parts for my other
Blad equipment would soon become unavailable. I finished by saying that I
will buy duplicate used Blads for parts before I will spend another cent on
new Hasselblad equipment!!! He had no reply. Go figure.
        I have a Leica M-3 from 1951, the year I was born, that works just fine!
                CHEERS!
                        BOB

 Please check my website: http://www.bobkiss.com/