RE: studio cameras circa 1950s

From: BOB KISS <bobkiss_at_caribsurf.com>
Date: Mon, 29 May 2006 10:22:56 -0300

DEAR KRIS,
        In those days, as space and labor was relatively inexpensive, they had
in-house studios and darkrooms with full assistant and darkroom staffs.
Curiously, one of the biggest names in advertising in Brazil, Mauro Salles,
used to be an assistant at Life Magazine. When we last met he (15 years
ago) he regaled me with stories about assisting the "Big Names". They often
put the "big names" on contract to shoot either in the magazines' studios or
on location.
During the mid 80s I shot at the Paris Vogue studios in Place de Palais
Bourbon (before they relocated). The Europeans maintained in-house studios
longer than the US magazines.
        As to which camera, I will have to ask around for you...most who knew are
no longer with us.
                CHEERS!
                        BOB

 Please check my website: http://www.bobkiss.com/