Re[3]: carbon tissues

NADO000 (LNADEAU@unb.ca)
Thu, 02 Jun 94 23:35:21 ADT

>Luis,
>
>It's _all_ monochrome. One color per tissue. Did you mean something else?

By _monochrome tissues_ one means black, brown, dark green, etc.
_Color tissues_ are the usual YMC (yellow, magenta, cyan). The magenta
and the cyan are the ones to watch for fog. There is a detailed
procedure for this in my _Modern Carbon Processes_

With the "classical" double transfer process (tricolor) and continuous
tone negatives, you only need YMC. With the "modern" version, using
fewer transfers, screened negs (and perhaps undercolor removal) you
need to add a black, so it is a four-color process: YMCK (the "K" is
from blacK; "B" is not used as it could be confused with Blue, which
is the color of the filter used for...)

The German materials had other problems, especially regarding
frilling. There have been a few posts concerning squeegeeing and
rolling and I wish I had enough time to comment on that (it's a long
story!) but not today.

Best, etc.

Luis Nadeau