kallitype

Philippe Moroux (philippe@beard.nest.nl)
19 Oct 94 16:25:59 +0100

Peter Marshall wrote in a message to Philippe Moroux:

PM> There are two recipes in the Kallitype chapter, the first
PM> one is called the Van Dyke Process and the second is the
PM> Kallitype.

You are probably refering to the book of William Crawford: "The keepers of light"

PM> The problems you describe sound like inadequate fixation,
PM> but in the case of the second process another problem is
PM> removing all of the iron. You certainly need to replace the
PM> fixer very often.

I find the fixation quite a delicate step of the process. I don't think we must fixate a japan paper as long as an heavy 600g Hannemuller.

PM> There is a more recent and detailed book on the Kallitype -
PM> I can't for the moment remember the title/author - which
PM> would be worth looking at.

If you happen to find it back, please send me a message.

regards,
Philippe Moroux.

Philippe Moroux
Academie des Beaux-Arts de BREDA / PAYS-BAS
Academie des Beaux-Arts de GRONINGUE / PAYS-BAS
email: philippe@beard.nest.nl